Antopol Before WW II Orthodox Church of the Resurrection 1916 (built 1854)Antopol Houses c. 1918Antopol Market Square c. 1918Antopol Synagogue c. 1918Antopol Market Square 1920Antopol – Pinskaya StreetAntopol – Pinskaya Street 1938Antopol – Jewish Study HallCatholic Church of St. Andrzej Bobola (built 1938)Antopol was the nearest town to Berezna and an important location for the Parfomuk family. It was a place they visited regularly to buy and sell goods, conduct official business, get medical care, and eventually attend school. Władysław often accompanied his father to the market in Antopol to watch his wagon and help him haggle with merchants. Established in 1604, Antopol grew in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s through highway, canal, and railroad connections to other communities. Antopol was a predominantly Jewish town. In 1921, of a total population of around 2,200, over 80% were Jews. Some of the local Jews were farmers, while others were merchants, operated grain mills, ran tanneries, ran oil presses, etc. The photos here show what Antopol looked like when Nikifor Parfomuk and his family lived in Berezna.